Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love




I just want the kind of love that my parents share.  They have been together since my mother was 16 and my father 18..that's 30 years of togetherness and 26 years of marriage.  They haven't always had the best of  the best relationship but I watched them and their commitment for each other grow over the years and become stronger than before.  They often fought and yelled and at one point of time in my life they even split up and went their separate ways.  I thought at that moment that my parents were done and over with but the love they have for each other was much stronger than what tore them apart.

I watched my parents last night as we celebrated the fact that my mothers cancer is once again in remission and god has granted her some more time with us(wow typing that just now brought tears to my eyes) and my parents anniversary that I realized that when I get married I want the bond and love that Sheree and Raymond share.  My father has always supported my mother in whatever she wanted to do and my mother who is a big dreamer changed up her game plan from month to month. when she wanted to quit her job my father said sure why not...when she wanted to open a day care my father gave her money to support her idea and when she made that come true she moved on to a wainting go to cosmetology school and open up a salon my father stood right by her side as she made it all happen.  I watched my father stare my mother in the eyes with the same madly in love stare through all her battles with cancer even when she pushed him to move on and find someone else he never left her side. even when we lived in a different location away from my father while they worked out there problems my father continue to come over everyday and do all that a husband and father is suppose to do.  He has always given my mother his best and in return my mother has done the same.  I know that my mother gave up alot to be with my father especially since my grandfather hated him with a passion.  She got pregnant at 17 with my brother and gave up her dream of being a lawyer to be a mother and wife.  While my father worked to better our lives my mother stayed home and raised us without ever looking back. She held my fathers hand through all of his hard times and good ones...and when my father started to give up on himself and dream my mother was the one who pulled him back and helped him reach his goal. And she pulled out of the relationship with my father she said it was only for him to see what really matters in life.

Admire my parents alot for enduring so much with each other and still being madly in love to this day.  In this day in age its rare for a couple to be together for this long....divorce....cheating....separation....money.... is all we hear about now when we talk about marriage. I just want a love as pure and clean as the two people i saw last night cuddled up to each other whispering sweet thought in each other ears and stealing quiet kissing moment when they thought no one was listening.  I just hope and pray that one day that I can share that kind of love with soemone.

3 comments:

Monique said...

Now THAT is love.

Kingsmomma said...

That's real. Its great that you have a real life example of that. You know that it can exist. My parents have also been married for 29 years and they make it work. Hand in hand.

Your post reminds me of that song Golden By C. Michele. I want that kind of love.

★Starrla said...

"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."....this is the kind of love your parents display and even though I don't know them I admire that so much! Couples like that give me hope that a love like that is INDEED attainable. This is a beautiful post that reflects that.