Tuesday, May 4, 2010

From the moment I copped this CD i feel in love with this song. I played it over and over in my car, office and in the house it just struck a cord with me. I felt like he was talking about me, telling the story of my life well maybe the story of my romantic life. I am that girl he is rapping about I do all the things he spittin about :-/ I'm still working on changing that. This is just one of those songs I could vibe with and relate to in so many ways. Its my favorite song to date and that says alot because I'm usually over a song or Cd soon after I purchase it but this one I can hear over and over again and never be too tired of it. I absolutely love Wale and this song...and it doesn't hurt that he is from the DMV either!!!

Hints the end gets me every time when he recites this poem......


See all i wanna do is be relevant
Just tell me that i ever meant anything more
That you could ever see me and you in another light
But its like the dark women indoors in the darkest nights by the wrong man
see all of them have made you incapable of a first impression
what I do is i channel my aggression with no cable or antenna
Just intentions to impress you if capable
Hoping that the material possesions can materialize to a better you
Cars, nothing i drive can drive you out of this state of mind
For such an ugly picture and
Money, nothing i buy can buy more time for your ears to tell your heart to listen to it
Diamonds, a girls best friend is what they say but believe me with the right allegience shorty you gonna shine anyways
and everyday that goes by is a couple more lines in her diary
the day before is better than the present
so anyone presented in her presence endures these life sentences
theres no key for release
no reason to be around
her minds in the clouds
she writes it all down
in her diary....






2 comments:

Epitome said...

Ok...we here Gina...we here. When I first heard this song I cried a little bit because I felt like he was talking to me. After I heard it the first time I put it on repeat for the next 30 minutes. He hit the nail on the head for many a black women with that one.

sunshinestar110 said...

So I turned Epitome on to tha good ole Wale!!!! I think every young african american women can relate to that song it said all the things about me that others mostly men don't pay attention to. They just call us all types of names instead of sitting back and seeing were we are coming from.