Monday, April 26, 2010

I know I'm little different from some the mothers at my son's school, they are all little older than me and I will add stuck up to go with that, I hate my son's school but he has learned so much while being there and made plenty of friends so I just can't see myself taking him out of it. I just don't like how they talk to me like I don't understand or speak English... think I'm a trust fund baby or got some rich drug dealer baby daddy but that's a whole different blog so let me stay focused. At least once or twice a month depending on my schedule I try and spend a couple of hours or entire day at my son's school,I bring them cupcakes ,fruit trays or any other goodies I come up with just something for them to have out of the normal. I usually like to go when it is show and tell day to see what each of them will bring and the story behind it.  I couldn't remember this morning if my son  and I had picked an object for him to talk about and nor did he remind me which is odd because Zahree is so serious about show and tell so he would have been on point with it. I figured it wasn't today and proceed to take him to school and spend a couple of hours having breakfast and interacting with the kids which I Love to death.  The teacher called them together for show and tell and they all ran off to there cubby holes and got whatever they had.  I totally felt like the worse mother in the world how did I forget to ask Zahree about his show and tell item, I searched my purse looking hard for something for him to talk about but stopped when Zahree said "mommy I already have something its OK" I listened to them all talk so joyfully about what they had and how it made them happy and different. My son was the last to go up and when he did he called me over, made me sit down and pull my hair back so his classmate could see my tattoo. He then proudly announced"this is my mommy and she has tattoos! does you mommy have one of those!" I didn't know what to say, we talk about my tattoos all the time I once told him that they were stickers but my brother later told him the truth because and I quote "Uncle D doesn't do stickers. We have discuss why I have them and when he can get one, he knows that one of the back of my next holds the most love for me because its dedicated to him, a key with angel wings baring his name I guess he just couldn't wait to show his class how much his mommy loves him.  They all took turns getting a closer look and asking my a thousand questions about it, my sons stood there very proud and answered each everyone of the question he knew with much joy and the biggest smile ever.  At the end the freak show which my son turned me into  he stood up one last time and said" I love my mommy and her tattoos and you should too!"

2 comments:

Monique said...

OMG I got a little teary eyed and baffled at the same time. LOL I can't believe he used your tattoos for show and tell. He was certainly thinking outside of the box; a trait you have to admire.

Ms. Jones said...

This just made me misty eyed...totally sounds like something my little guy would do. It's times like that when you know you're doing this whoel motherhood thing right- he knows just how much you love him and couldn't wait to let the world know too!