Friday, April 16, 2010

You Got Mail!

I scanned through my messages today since I wasn't really answering my phone in Atlanta, i need to check to make sure it wasn't a client going crazy because they couldn't find me. I really wasn't in the mood to talk or to really deal with much of  nothing I just wanted to enjoy this beautiful day in DC with my #1 man my son and just be a mommy. So as I listened and hit the delete button ..listened somemoe and hit the delete button I stop dead in my track when I heard this oh so familar voice speaking into my voicemail.  Its was my exboyfriend and son's father Moe! Now i haven't seen or heard from him since we sat in family court trying to work out visitation and support for my son which didn't go well at all so we are headed back to court to try this once again well , for a judge to try it for us.  Not once while we sat in this big conference room with a mediater  did he look at me or make eye contact. All he did was make excuses for his lack of parenting and why he wanted joint custody of my son. I matter where he looked at while we sat in this room I made sure I kept my eyes locked on his ass I jsut wanted him to feel the pressure and the fact that yep here we are doing this which we reallt didn't have to but he brought all of this on his self.


The message he left was simple and to the point "Jaz, Its Moe, call me We need to talk!" He wanted to talk now after I chased his ass for years just trying to get him to talk to me about our son who he just up and left. One part of me was screaming "fuck that dude, oh now he wants to talk" but the other half was saying "just hear him out its could work out."  it was so much running through my mind after listening to that message that I played at least 10 times to make sure i was hearing him right. I really didn't know if this was what I wanted to do, what if this call was him saying fuck you and Zahree and I'm signing over my right. I just was anticipating yhe worst especially since he hasnt contacted me in over 2 year.  Instead of calling him back i dashed to my room grabbed the house phone and called my love lost i have no idea why it just felt right and he always know what to say.  He talked me into calling him back and hearing him out, he informed me to stop thinking about myself and think about Zahree do it for him maybe this won't be an all bad situation  and if he gets out of line kick him and leave lol.


After about 2 hours of bull shittin' around I finally called, but as the phone was ringing i prayed to whoever that was listening that he wouldn't pick up but no luck with that because he answered.  We kept it short and to the point, he asked about Zahree and his how he was doing asked if he could talk to him and after all the let me avoid this he finally said "So Jaz I feel like we need to sit down face to face and talk this out before it goes any further." I wanted to scream FUCK YOU DUDE AND LETS TALK SHIT but i looked at the side of me and saw how happy my son was about talking to his daddy i couldn't bring myself  to do it.  He suggested a public place just in case i got out of hand we are meeting fro breakfast Saturday morning and I'm nerves as hell , about what I have no idea just nerves. I hope he doesn't get cute and decide to bring his wife who has been harassing my email for 4 months now or anyone from his "family" cause I'm just not in the mood for it.


Wish me luck and let me leave yall all his vital facts in case i don't comeback alive lol just remember his name Maurice Cage

1 comment:

Ms. Jones said...

Girl good luck with your sit down. I can tiotally relate to the baby daddy situation (since I had a child with Lucifer himeslf)lol, but just keep telling yourself that it is for the greater good of your son. Once he is older and starts seeing his father for what he is, you want to be able to honestly say that YOU did everything in your power to make the situation better.