Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Love Lost


Hearing you voice today made all those old feeling come racing back. It wasn't that long ago we were sitting in my little ole 1 bedroom apartment talking about the future and what we wanted from it. You smiled at your millionaire dreams and I supported you with you being on the top of my game goals.  My friends often side eyed me when you were the only man on my mind, They were right you weren't usually what I went for but something about you just made my soul warm. You are the reason that I kept at my degree even after I had given up on myself, you were the push I need to get through. I'm still trying to figure out how you managed to encourage me and still keep that momentum with your own career goals.  I slowing found myself only wanting you and only you around no other man was comparing to you and what you were giving me. and giving me was just your support and undivided attention something the others weren't doing at the time. The more time we spent the deeper my feeling grew until those feeling turned into nothing but love for you. I soon would realize that as I fell in love with you your heart belong to music and she would always out shine me. She was the reason I took a step back and let her win your heart because I knew she was the ultimate fulfillment for you. She was the only woman who made you happy and you were only happy if she was around. Envy her I did and still do even now after all these years of us just being "friends" when you come into town from living the fast life and skip out on me to be with her I feel my heart skip a beat thinking how she still has you. She has you the way I wish I could and how I wish you would left me but you have made it clear more than one time that the only love you could have right now is music and she may be the only woman you ever love.  I guess that means i'll just fade to black, back to where we are now just friends but you will always hold my heart.....

No comments: