Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yesterday I just wasn't feeling great and this morning when I finally pulled myself out of the bed after hitting the alram snooze 100 times I still wasn't feeling this week or the day. As I moved accross the house not wanting to do anything just curl up on the couch and sulk , my phone rings and it's my boss, who is also my father. I thought he was calling me to ask 20 questions about why he had beat me to the office and when was i going to grace him with my face but instead he said " Jaz, i don't know what going on with you but I want you to take some time off for  yourself and get right so you can be 100% you" at first I thought he was joking because My father believes in working unless you are in the hospital there is no days off   but he stopped being my boss for one moment and was my daddy, He brought a smile to my gloomy face.  He also informed me that he had set up a spa day for me and Teddy, plus lunch at my favorite spot Georgia Brown! because he hates for me not be myself and he guaranteed me that whatever I was going through is going to get better and he is here if i need him. I love that man to death! when I think he doesn't get me or understand that I'm not one of his son's he finds a way to let me know that he hears and sees me.  I have never been a daddy's girl i, it wasn't until  I pursued an degree at his alma mater  and decided to follow in his foot steps since my brother's wanted no parts of it  that we became a closer. People just assume that my father and I have always been close since I'm his only daught but no. He use to treat me like an outcast or odd one o f the group he was never to understanding to my female needs so we just didn't speak often or interact often. I now enjoy the relationship we share...our business relationship not so much but our father daughter thing is on point.  He is the first person I call with a problem and the last person I talk to at night! he gives the best advice and now understands my struggles which he can relate to in some matter or so. I Love my daddy more and more by the day....I guess u can say maybe i am becoming a daddy's girl!

1 comment:

Epitome said...

Congrats! I have always been a daddys girl...have a tattoo to prove it. My dad was my refuge in our hectic household and I def think every girl should experience being a daddys girl