Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Celebrating Life #6



I don't remember if i mentioned this or not but if i did I'm doing it again. My mother's cancer is officially in remission! Thank god for sparing her and leaving her in our lives for yet another year, some more smiles, cries and good and bad days it doesn't matter I'm just grateful that my mommy has beaten this once again and I still have her here. me along with her friends decided when my mother finally fought cancer off for the three time that would throw her a celebration of life!! Something to celebrate her strong and hard fight against cancer a battle she has won for the third time around.

I had to round up the troops to help me with this one i know my mother wouldn't want us to go out our way for her but that woman is amazing and fighter we need to celebrate her. The theme...Think pink. Yep pink everything to show our support for the fight against breast cancer.  Specialty pink drink called the survivor in her honor...I sat down my brothers and father to put a list of her favorite food together so we can turn them to finger foods and of course the cake which shall look similar to this...

I saw it and fell in love with it!

I had to seek out her favorite ole school DJ so he can have the music spinning all night long.  I thought about having this party at my parents house but since the guest slowly inched up to 200+ people, my father decided to rent a reception area at one her favorite hotels in VA so this has turned into a whole production but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Everyone is required to wear some pink..not all pink but pink..a pink tie, shirt pants dress just pink. the only person allowed to wear something outside of pink shall be my mother who i haven't decided but something goes along with pink but not pink i need her to stand out and be the center of attention...all eyes on her.  My father along with a couple of people he does business with have put some $$$ together our making an donation in honor of my mother to the Susan G. Koman  foundation. Shout out to my daddy for putting that all together and stuff he can be the best of the best sometimes.  Each guest will receive some type of little gift to remember this occasion and to let them know a donation was made for the fight against breast cancer for them. Of course we will also be accepting and collecting donations at the party...We have to make sure this race for the cure continues on. 

All in all we just want her to let loose and be happy..celebrate for awhile just lift all that weight of the past year be rolled right off on to the dance floor! I also want her to see how much we love her and admire her for her strength.

2 comments:

★Starrla said...

This is such an AWESOME idea and a very thoughtful and unique way to celebrate your mother being a survivor of such a horrible disease. You guys should've been in FL because I'd definitely crash! Lol it sounds like a grand time will be had. Have fun making memories and enjoying your mom!

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

that's real cool & a blessing. congrats to you and your family for remaining strong & supportive. my dad's an oncologist. so i'm very aware and very involved.

it's great what you & you're family are doing to honor her. it really is a beautiful thing.