Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our Morning Date #10



My favorite time of day isn't at night when my son is wrapped up tight in his bed having sweet dreams....its first thing the morning when his brightly lite face comes running into my room screaming "mommy I'm here" Yes bright  and early every morning Sunday-Saturday we have the same routine which I miss when I'm far away from him, he gets up around 6am-7am put his favorite spiderman socks on with his cape which i have no idea where it came from and comes flying into my room full speed with that smiles that warms my heart each and every time i see it.  He jumps on my bed does this karate kick spin thing and falls back onto my pillows....lol..I know one day he is going fall and hurt himself but its moments like that I enjoy.  Once his little show is over, he grabs my face and looks me straight in my eyes and says" Mommy I love you right..Can we eat some cereal now" he never fails everyday its the same convo in that order nothing new unless he is sick and then he locked up in his room not waiting to see anyone.  We both head down to the kitchen ...he picks our cereal for the day and I fill one big giant bowl of cereal with two spoons and him and I sit on the living room floor watching nick jr and have our breakfast together. Its our little moment our time together before my hectic work schedule comes between the two of us.  Its our quiet time when he can be my baby boy and me his mother and bond. I cherish this moment every morning ...its the best part of my day...its as if nothing else matters at the moment but him and I.  I love that man with all my heart and I just don't know how i lived without...my day just isn't the same if we aren't together eating cereal together...When I'm out of town no matter business or pleasure i make sure i call him wherever he is at so we can have our mornings together as if i was there.  I never want our morning date to ever end...it brings me peace to my heart and life but i try my hardest to enjoy little moments like this because before i know it my little man will be a grown man with no time for little ole me!!

3 comments:

DianaBoss said...

That's sweet. And it's the mornings that he's always going to remember. i can't remember every trip to six flags but i do remember sitting on the counter everyday before preschool when my mom would ask "haalf a sandwich or whole?" EVERDAY and everday i would say "half". And that memory is so special to me. Just her and me and The Price Is Right in the background.

★Starrla said...

The little things like quality time mean so much to children. You never know, even when he's older and too cool lol, he may still want to have those morning dates with mom. Then that's when you'll be like a waterbag crying because he's all grown up but still wants to hang with you. Ok maybe that's just me who would cry.

sunshinestar110 said...

I'm sure when he gets older that he will remember and still want to continue to do so. It will be a time for him to be mommy's baby once again!