Thursday, July 8, 2010

Confession #8



I've hiding this from people for years and just wanted to release this and get it off my chest...I, JazzyJaz who is 27 years old woman...who has a mother and a heard of Aunts who can throw down DOES NOT know how to cook (hides face in shame) Yes its true I have no cooking skills what so ever!!! I blame my mother...lol....no its all my fault back in the day my mother would try her hardest to get interesting in cooking because she grew up in household where all the women cooked and if they didn't they certainly knew how to. I just wasn't feeling that whole cooking thing at all..I just wanted to run around and be me. When my mother was battling cancer while I was in High school once again my Aunt tried her hardest to get me to keep still so she could give me a lesson or two but I use to use my favorite line on her Auntie..I got stuff to do and when I get older I'm just going to hire me a chef!  When I first moved into my own place while in college teddy and I would starve to death..first we was broke college students and next we both were clueless on how to cook.  We use to call my friend Shan over and she would cook us a couple days so we could survive...lmao....Shout Out Shan Shan for that and get was good practice for her because now she's a chef.  I have come a long way from my college days of burning rice and cookie chicken that was still frozen in the middle but it ain't too much off from that. My son lives off of spaghetti and chicken nugget because that the only things mommy is good at!...Teddy even left me behind and took some classes now that bastard is cooking three course gourmet meals and stuff (cries)  I want to learn how to cook but absolutely hate standing in a hot kitchen slaving over the stove but I guess like my Great Aunt said of the fourth of July if I want to keep that tall ole cute light skinned man you need keep his belly full.....and Aunt Andy might be right about that because that man can eat non stop. So after much debate and battle within myself  I am going to learn how to cook asap. My baby is tired of eating fast food and the same ole stuff everyday!!! So this afternoon I'm taking a trip to my aunts house so she can give my first listen on being a big girl and she is giving my first cooking lesson of many move to come!!! lmaoooooooo...I love that lady because she knows this is going to be like pulling teeth because I hate cooking with a passion but I need to know if I want my son not starving to death...which he tell me everyday mommy , I'm starving ..please help me!!! today's lesson is Tilapia  fish tacos....Pray that all goes well.

5 comments:

★Starrla said...

LOL!! Wait, wait, wait! Get out of my head! To get through this blog challenge, I've been writing like 5million thoughts in advance and scheduling the ones I like to post daily and I swear to you one of my posts is about me not knowing how to "THROW DOWN" cook! LOL!

DianaBoss said...

You don't know how to cook?!?!?!? Ok at first I was like How somebody not gonna know how to cook. But then I though about it. what do I not know how to do... Clean. I wander around all lost moving things from one table to another, sweeping endlessly, standing back taking a look... nope still looks the same... this can go on for HOURS.

Good for you though! Cooking is a great tool when your dude can't cook. I got my husband through cooking. He wasn't worth a damn... but point being I got him that way. So now I want to hear about the things you make and how they turn out!

ByHisGraceOnly said...

I think once you start you're gonna LOVE cooking! I'm an avid Food Network watcher and they have a lot of good ideas on there! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Lmao @ this post. I can't cook to save my life either. I know the very basics...this is why I volunteered to bring chips to the potluck at work tomorrow lol

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

lol..funny.

you sound like me with that spaghetti & chicken nugget thing. my son is gonna turn into a spaghetti chicken nugget pediasure bear if i don't do better myself.

actually after i got divorced. i started cooking. true story. i just got in the kitchen and started cooking and was actually quite good at it. i'm not doing no 3 course meals..but i can make shit good enough to fake my stomach into thinking it's edible.