Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Far From Over #13





The relationship I share with my son's father Moe is far from the greatest thing ever, we only really talk if we are talking about my son and that usually ends with us yelling at each other and me hanging up. But for the sake of my son I try my hardest to be cordial not only to him but his wife too.  Its only been the last couple of months that Moe has been playing a  part in Zahree's life...i had to hunt this man down, threaten him with family court and sit in a hearing just for him to acknowledge that he was his father.  I thought that once we established this and set up visitation and child support which is next to nothing that things would change just all around with him. For awhile things did he became much more active in Zahree's life...stuck to the schedule that was set for him and everything, came to all his karate, basketball games and even showed up for parents day at his school i thought i had just ran into a changed man but he soon proved me wrong.  Slowly he started missing weekends..forgetting to call him, not showing up for events that he promised to be...i watched him break my son's heart over and over again...never not once did i ever offer my thoughts of his father to him i just wanted him to learn who he really is.  To redeem himself Moe offered to keep Zahree a couple of days while I went on vacation with Young LA. Cool no fail no harm right....wrong while I was gone all hell had broke  out...Moe refused to return Zahree back to my parents.....cut his phone off and just disappeared and where was i a world away from it all. The moment i stepped off the plane i knew all was wrong and my brother broke the news to me...Moe had petitioned the court for sole custody of Zahree saying that I abandoned Zahree to chase Young La around the country. ..I spent almost 2 weeks not knowing if Zahree was ok...where they still here Dc...nothing not hearing his voice seeing him around crazy nothing my heart ached for him.  I couldn't believe that this fool would stoop this low but he had, I thought it was going to be a long time before i would see Zahree again well at least until our court hearing but to my surprise I got a knock on my door late one night and standing on the other side was Moe's wife and Zahree she said i just couldn't let him to do that to you....i wouldn't want that for me or my children" and then she left.  Zahree was back home..safe...and with me where he needed to be but my drama from Moe is far from over.  He is still petitioning me for custody Zahree along with a list of other things that just amaze me at how low he can be.  So for now Visits with Moe have been cut off and I'm getting ready to battle Moe.

5 comments:

DianaBoss said...

OMG. My heart just broke in two for you. I am so sorry you had to go through that! And so sorry your are going to have to go through battling him in court. Be strong. You are such a loving and responsible mother. His behavior shows a definite lack of concern for Zahree and any court will be able to see that clearly.

★Starrla said...

How could he do something like that?? This just sent a chill through me....not knowing where your own child is although he's with his father?! This guy has crossed a dangerous line. I'm glad the wife had a heart to see that the stunt he pulled was beyond wrong and brought your son back to you....I hope he sees the error of his damn ways!

Kingsmomma said...

Holy Shi+. There is a special place in hell resevered for men like that and i like to believe it's in the male rapists section.

You don't even have a battle to prepare for. Cme armed with the truth and it will set you free and the courts will see this for what it is.
Reading the story I could have sworn maybe his wife put him up to that but I'm so glad she is a stand up woman. Your child's father isnt hurting you, he's only hurting his child.
What a douchebag

Monique said...

I need to wipe my tear away because this is awful. Why would you do anything that may potentially harm your child? Moe is a jerk and doesn't deserve to be in that child's life is he goin to let him down like that.

I condemn his wife for bringing the child back. I'm sure she caught hell from him for that but as a mother she should know.

nil said...

First time visiting your blog and Im saddened by what I read. Im not familiar with family law in the DC area but Im sure that it cant differ too much from here in LA. I can almost assure you that there is no way that he would get sole physical custody. There is no reason for it. I think that you should be sure to document all of the times that Moe cancelled or stood your son up as evidence that he isn't as committed as he wants to portray. Good luck in your fight.