Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thank God #5

I'm a post behind in my challenge already (hangs head in shame) Sorry Had a long July 4th night and needed Monday to re coop and getting out the bed was not a option.






I count my blessing everyday and thank god for the positive men he has placed in my son's life.  When Zahree father left us years ago I thought who was going to show him how to be a man...who was going to guide him the way a father should? Its true that women can raise men but I wanted him to also have a man in his life to give him that extra push.  I was so hurt that his father would just walk out on him, his only child at the time..well the only child i knew about and leave him to find a father in another man.  I watch all the men around me rally together to make sure that Zahree had men...positive men to look up to.  My father..Pop-Pop to Zahree rubbed my back one afternoon and said as long as I'm breathing baby boy will always have a father in his life and he held that to be true and he continues to father my son as if he was raising my brothers all over again.  My brothers also grabbed the surrogate daddy torch and make sure that Zahree has them for all of his needs..I know just like me they want him to have the kind of father that we grew up with only he's special and he has more than one man his life giving him the experience that we had.  Of all the positive me in Zahree life his god father B has really taken over the role as main man in his life.  B was one of the first faces Zahree saw when he popped out of the womb, the second person to hold him and his first visitor when he got home.  B and I have have been friends since birth, I love him as if he was family.  He has been here to wipes tears, scream at soccer games and just be the "daddy" that he needs in these early years of his life.  My son has always known who his father is but he has been calling be Daddy for a couple of years now. He looks for B for approval, advise and just love. Home-made father's day gifts, hugs, kisses and class field trips are all for B the man who took Zaharee on as his own.  I listen to some of my family and friends talk their children not having a father in there lives and it just breaks my heart I wish I could give each and everyone of them one of the men who occupy the father slot in my son's life but i can't so I thank god each and everyday for them...the love they give my son, the role models they have set and just being what he needs in his life. I'm grateful for them.

1 comment:

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

*smh* @ you getting a post behind. BOOOOO..lol (i forgive you..only cause i'm a few days behind reading).

i'm glad your son has men in his life to show him that positive image of a man. i try to do that for my godson. unfortunately my cousin's husband (yes she's even married to him) is not a great father to his son at all. his son is a few months older than mine. and me, his uncle, his grandfather..we all try to do things and be in his life. just let him know what a man is supposed to be. i agree women can raise boys, they do a damn good job at it. but a boy needs to see men doing right by women, taking care of their families, etc..basically to avoid them using their situations as a crutch or excuse as to why they shouldn't do the right thing themselves.

you are blessed to have great influences around him & in his life. that's what's up.