Monday, July 12, 2010

I Miss Him #12




This morning while dropping Young La off at the airport I could only think of one thing and it wasn't how much fun we have been having since he has been here or that he had done well in front of my family still waiting on the verdict on him from that, all I could think was how much I miss DMV? Yep its true I miss him and I  miss him alot. Things between the two of us haven't been great at all...matter of fact we really haven't been on good terms ever since my trip to Boston with Young La.  We have crossed paths with each a couple of times since then and we just haven't addressed what his issue really is. The Last time I saw him was when he was preparing to go overseas for business. He stopped by accompanied by my brother...we all ate cheesecake factory take out...they played video games, he spent some time playing with Zahree...he tucked him into bed and he hugged me as he left said Ill call while I'm there and that was it...nothing more nothing less.  Every time he has called its been to talk to Zahree or to talk to my brother never too much for me....just the cold shoulder.  A part of me doesn't want to miss him and the other part is missing him like crazy.  Young La is great and I like him alot...plus he has been coming out of the gate hard but DMV and I share something that Young La and I don't. I can't really explain what that thing is but I knew from the first time I met him that our relationship would always be so much different than any I would share with another male.  DMV just understands me...knows me far beyond this mac lipglass and foundation.  I miss those candid moments we once shared, my running partner, the time we shared watching some our favorite shows, the laughter that would fill the car when we took trips, the words of encouragement when i thought all hope was gone, the poetry he would write when he was  bored, his little notes that would fill my fridge some morning and mostly importantly I miss him, my friend.  I thought about calling him last night just to see how he was doing we haven't heard from him in a couple of days but my pride wouldn't let me dial his number...I thought about emailing him this morning but  Young La was ready for the airport so I never hit send.  I don't know what went wrong between us...well kind of do know what went wrong.. but that is a blog for another day ...we are both just too damn strong minded to admit if we are wrong.  we both do things to drive each other crazy and i must admit we are good at it but i just want my friend back no more silent treatment, church hugs or rolling of the eyes. I just want one of our moment of playing the wii like our paychecks were going to be issued by the outcome of the game....I just one moment of us just going back to normal..us being us. I heard from one of our friends that he should be coming home sometime this week before he leaves once again...I wanted to be excited because thats what I usually would be but that cold shoulder is all i can think about with his return. Maybe this is a good time for me address what the problem is to just clear the air, get us back on track and stuff so we can stop acting like children and more like adults...So I can finally get my friend back

No comments: