Saturday, July 24, 2010

No Phones #24



At granddaddy's house there is an strict no cell phone policy that was put into place by him, he said we spend our whole lives on the phone we needed to focus on what's in front of us.  I prepare myself every time to be phone free for at least an hour. Its kind of nerve racking to know your phone is so close to you but so far away.  I find myself along with others running out to our cars to check our phone catch up on calls and conduct business before granddaddy realizes that we are gone. I'm ashamed of myself for always needing my phone but it holds so much of me o=including work that I have to have it by my side.


I often wonder what life would be like if we didn't have cell phones. I know that i use my phone for almost everything that is going on in my life. From Phone calls to saving emails, and appointments my blackberry hold my life.  I don't remember a time when i didn't have it along with my iPhone they are my connection to the outside world and everything in between.  Things with phones have become so advance that they you can turn on your car and set your alarm to your house.  I know it was just the 90's when we were not fully in the phone game but that time seems foreign to me like "how did they survive" is what my little brother says all the time.  I wonder how my life would change if this phone wasn't always glued to my hand or ear. How would it effect my social life or maybe even My family life. How would my job suffer from not having my phone because I  spend alot of time on the phone conducting business its how my client reach me morning noon and night.  Would I even be able to handle not having a phone. Almost every person has a phone and  some are dependent on them like i am and some are not so what would happen if our phones no longer worked...I mean no Internet, text messaging , bbm, gchat, aim, twitter, fb.... just nothing how would we all handle it.....would the world erupt into an uproar or would it finally bring peace of mind to the person who phone never stops ringing.

1 comment:

Epitome said...

Seriously? I couldn't imagine...I don't even have business that I conduct via my berry but I have to have it near me...don't know why...I feel like if I don't have it something will happen that would have me needing my phone at that exact moment...funny I don't know how I functioned before I got my cell phone. Shameful lol