Friday, July 16, 2010

Getting Married? #16





 I have been planning my wedding probably since I was like 12 years old. I have it all planned out for each season..Spring, winter summer and fall...I know the colors ...dresses...and everything but today I realized maybe I'm getting a little out of control with all the wedding planning i do in my head.


I was at the grocery store suppose to be picking up Zahree favorite juice and cookie when I got side tracked by the magazine! When i see that aisle its like a light from heaven shines down and I just have to go down it. I looked through it all from sports to trashy gossip mags I look at them all but just as I was about to leave the bridal magazines caught my eye.  I started flipping through one and then I grabbed another and another and another. i got so wrapped up in the dresses, cakes and favors I never noticed that this woman was standing next to me. i paused when she touch my shoulder and said" awww sweetie that gown is beautiful you would look great in it!" :-/ I smiled and said "oh thanks i guess but I'm just looking" She kept smiling and said "when"s the big day"....how did i know she was going to ask me that now I was about to look crazy " I don't have one" Now i was trying to step away smoothly but she had me cornered..."oh...really I'm sure you love birds will come up with one" I took one last look at this dress closed the magazine and said" I don't have one because I'm not getting married" Now I felt like melting away...the lady straight side eyed me and probably was thinking I'm crazy loved wedding crazy chick...I know she was judging me....shit I think i just judged myself after I look on it now ...maybe i get to wrapped up in my make believe wedding too much...because that woman could've grabbed my purse and walked off that's how wrapped up i was....smh...I need to do better.


2 comments:

Kingsmomma said...

LMAO. this is funny. I like weddings but am not obsessed with em. I'll watch a marathon of My fair wedding. That's about as far as i go

★Starrla said...

I love weddings too. The magazines are too cluttered for me though. You know how you have those people who attend funerals religiously? If I could go to weddings like that, I would. I love LOVE. I like reading wedding blogs and watching Bridezillas & My Fair Wedding. I also like to daydream about how my own wedding would be. I already have the song that I want to walk down the aisle to picked out. I want Mary J. Blige to sing "I Found My Everything" at my reception. I don't think that's asking too much....lol