Thursday, July 22, 2010

RIP Godzilla #22

Godzilla came to me on my 16th birthday. I didn't understand why my father brought him for me I hadn't ask for a Iguana nor did i ever hint to it but he brought it anyway. At first I couldn't stand this damn thing who required so much attention but after a while I feel in love with him.  Godzilla went from being the size of my hand to being as long as my arm.  It was no surprise to come over to my house and see him sitting atop the coffee table or walking around on his own free will. Godzilla loved strawberries and taking walks on is leash. Over the past couple of months I noticed that he was becoming much more less active and not eating as much but i never thought twice about it. I recently took him to the vet who couldn't really tell us what was wrong with him other than that he was getting old. Last night i sent my father to my house to check on Godzilla and when he called me to inform me of his actions I could hear the sorrow in his voice he told me hat Godzilla was laying still not moving he didn't eve react when he drop strawberries in his tank.  I rushed home to find his lifeless body just laying still...Godzilla was gone!!! He had taken his finally breath and passed on to the pet heaven in the sky.  Godzilla and I had been through alot together from losing him in my house, me going off to college and him staying behind to bring home a new baby that he wasn't feeling at first. Our 11 years together were great and I will never replace him with another lizard. Truth be told I'm really sad that he has passed on and cried a tear or two for him.  We placed Godzilla in his favorite shoe box, took him to my parents house and buried him right under his favorite tree there.

So RIP GODZILLA i hope you made it to that Iguana heaven in the sky with unlimited strawberries and sunshine for u to bask in.




3 comments:

Kingsmomma said...

awww this was sad. Godzilla was a cutie though

sunshinestar110 said...

awww I'm so sorry for your loss

★Starrla said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your pet which is just like a member of the family for many.